From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 19:07:57 -0600
Barbara, I enjoyed your posting on pacifiers. You mention how you'd like to
see closer working together of LCs and OTs. A fascinating book that Cathy
Genna recommended to me (thanks, Cathy) made me see just why that connection
could be so valuable. I learned a lot and had a lot of gaps filled in, and
also wished I had an OT nearby with an interest in this area. The cover of
the book features a woman bottle-feeding a baby, and if I'd seen it on a
shelf I'd probably have ignored it on principal. There's lots about
bottle-feeding in here, but also much on breastfeeding. We might argue with
some of it, but there is some very useful background information and much
food for thought. The book, for anyone interested, is called: Feeding and
Swallowing Disorders in Infancy: Assessment and Management, Lynn S. Wolf,
M.O.T., OTR and Robin P. Glass, MS, OTR (Therapy Skill Builders, 1992), ISBN
0-88450-530-8.

Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic
Peace River Alberta, Canada