From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 23:15:55 -0500
HI all,
Actually, Norma, the correct way is to give the oral Nystatin to the BABY not
the mom!  Put the cream on the nipples for the MOM not the baby!  SOunds like
someone has it backwards!  Also when giving the baby the oral nytatin, you
want to coat the entire mouth area of the baby, not just give it to the baby
to swallow.  I reccomend using gauze, one piece for each area of the mouth to
be swabbed (inside of left cheek, inside of right cheek, tongue, and gums)
 This seems to be, from my experience, the best way to help get rid of the
nasty little yeasties!  Also, have mom treat baby after feeds so the nystatin
doesn't get washed away by moms milk, and treat moms nipples after feeds as
well.

Good luck!  Jay