From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:46:21 -0500
Hi All!

Today I had to take my little one, Ben in to get a blood draw (OUCH!) and his
shots (Double OUCH!).  After the blood draw I immediately put him to breast
to help calm him down, much to the surprised delight of the phlebotomist!
 She was surprised because she hadn't realized that 15 month olds still BF!
 Being the zealot that I am of course I gave her a friendly education!  :)
 She was so interested that she took my business card and promised to call me
later for more info!
Anyway, the gal who gave Ben his shots asked me if I knew what women used
before there were breast pumps.  I said Manual expression?  She said, no,
suckling pigs!  Evidently, back in the colonial days when a woman was
engorged or her baby died  or whatever, if she needed to get rid of extra
milk from the breast and there was no baby around, she used a baby pig!  Kept
it right in the kitchen.
I was wondering just how accurate this is.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Suckling pigs...hmmm....

Jay
She who keeps learning more and more and more.....