Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anne Eglash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 23:07:59 -0500
Hi, I have a mom who is nursing her toddler and baby of 3 months, and they
all have a case of resistant thrush. Actually, the toddler displays no
signs of thrush, but the baby obviously has it on her tongue (and I
confirmed under the microscope!). Mom has tried eliminating sugars in her
diet, treating her vag yeast infection, has used topicals, while the kids
have been on oral nystatin, with little change. I then put mom of
fluconazole orally, and now the kids are on it orally, after trying lots of
other stuff. Mom feels better, but she is still itchy and red at the end of
the day after nursing all day. Despite fluconazole for 1 week in the baby,
tongue still shows thrush, and the word from a peds ID says only 2 weeks
for oral candidiasis. Anyone aware of any nonallopathic treatment for
kids...mom has tried black walnut extract.TIA-Anne Eglash MD