Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 21:50:42 -0400
I have been reading with some interest the postings on LLL.  Initially I
thought I had gotten some stray postings that belonged on another list.

For whatever its worth, here are my two cents worth.  I am a long time leader
(16 years) and also work as area professional liaison in Southern
California/Nevdad.  I have had my share of frustration with LLL as have all
of us.  However, my oberserations are that there are huge differences between
areas and between individual leaders within the organization.  I just hate it
when I hear of people who have left the organization because of issues that
were not LLL but really an insolated or individual problem that is
interpreted as LLL policy.

I too fully support the single issue focus of LLL.  I believe it is why the
organization has remained  and survived.  LLLs focus should be the
mother/baby relationship.   Mothers/Leaders are welcome to network and become
involved in other issues beyond LLL.  LLL friendships have led me into all
kinds of other issues.  Not all mothers cared about those interests and they
may not have held my interest for long.  I always can come back, however, to
the basic mother/infant relationship.  The rest is peripheral.  Interesting,
important but secondary.

Denise Parker, BA, IBCLC, LLLL, APL (this is ridiculous) (La Crescenta, CA)