Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Baldwin & Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 02:08:43 -0400
Arly - you have really given me food for thought.  Although I know so much
about dairy reactions (school of hard knocks and my own education on it) I
just assumed that the dairy in formula was somehow less of a problem than
regular (or evaporated milk).  Being 44, I was fed evaporated milk, cod
liver oil, sugar, etc. as an infant.  Is the only difference if one uses a
milk based formula (that is NOT hypoallergenic) nutrition?  I guess it makes
sense - if the proteins are not broken down, why would it be just the fact
that it is formula to make is less damaging?

Now, what about diabetes?  Isn't it early introduction of cow's milk that
they link it to?  If so, why can't they say cow's milk based formulas pose
the identical risk?

As we know, mothers can sensitize their babies in the womb and thru brf. if
they consume dairy and have a problem with it themselves. (I'm a good
example - a dairy lover - gallon a day during my pregnancy justifying it by
saying I was helping to grow strong bones...)  The big problem here (and
with mothers deciding to not use a milk based formula because of allergies
in family) is that so many of us very allergic people can't see it.  It took
me three years of having to take dairy out of my diet (because of my second
child's reaction to it while brf) before it even occured to me that I was
also allergic.  After all, don't all women  have classic migrane headaches?
Cycistis regularily??? Now I have one of the best reasons for keeping dairy
out - it results in break through bleeding.  Gak!

Thanks for your thoughts!!!
Elizabeth N. Baldwin,  Esq.   305-944-9100  Home office:  305-940-7873  Fax:
305-949-9029
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]    or    [log in to unmask]
Attorney specializing in breastfeeding and the law; Leader; LLLI Legal
Advisory Council