Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
MRS DONNA M CORRIERI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:25:05 EDT
I would like to respond to Laura Wheeler re: her concerns for her
13/m/o dtr who is primarily still on
breastmilk only.  I had the same experience with my daughter Deven
(now 21) .  She BF many years
and I remember a pedicatrician questioning her iron levels.  She was
a healthy 28 lb specimen at 19
months, but had suffered otitis media in spite of her feeding
preference.  The tubes went in at 10
months, then 3 yrs and again when she went to K-garten.  Anyway, back
to the iron issue, she also
refused all solid foods, after after a great deal of pressure and
upon the recommendation of my LLL
leader, thank you very much Martha Rhea, certified in 1995 IBCLC!  we
allowed the MD to test. She
was perfect...still is,  and really did do much with the solid foods
until age 2--not really my choice, rather hers and you can lead the
horse to the table but you CAN'T MAKE THEM EAT!  Deven was
highly allergic, probably my use of cow products predisposed her and
she can thank her mother for
those blasted ear problems, in spite of our feeding preference.
Interesting, the caboose, Jason was
born eleven years later, and I did not take dairy during the
pregnancy, or for the first six months of
his life.  No allergies.  Your baby knows what she is doing...let her
take the lead, offer, but never
make an issue of it.  I promise you someday she will eat, and eat,
and eat....then go away to college
and be more interested in Christopher than her mother.   Trust me,
this I know!