From:
Larry Danna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 21:20:14 -0700
Diana,

Have I got the resource for you!  Kay Hoover (author of the new LC
series booklet on yeast) updates WONDERFUL handbook (about 90 pages)
titled "Philadelphia Breastfeeding Resource Handbook".  I have the
Third Edition (1994) in front of me.

This book was funded I believe by the Department of Public Heath in
Philadelphia.  As I recall, and I am referring to notes from Kay and
Chris's wonderful workshop, this book can be reprinted almost entirely.
There is one section from AAP on transfer of drugs (the article from
Pediatrics Vol. 93 No. 1 January 1994) that is copyright protected and
can't get reprinted without their permission.

The really wonderful thing is Kay has this all on disk!  She will send
it to you, I believe, if you send her a formatted disk.  You can then
change it to suit your area.

It is a wonderful starting point.

Kay can be reached at:
Kay Hoover, M Ed, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant
Philadelphia Department of Public Health
Office of Maternal and Child Health
500 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1696

Good luck with your project,
Carla D'Anna (just north of Washington, DC)