From:
Ted Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 13:03:50 +0100
Thanks to Martha Brower for the information on the recent iron study. This
Italian study is good news. In the information I recently sent over Lactnet
about this I was forced to hem and haw a bit because of the Argentinian
study, presumably the one they refer to. It claimed to find a lot of iron
deficiency in babies who had been exclusively breast fed. However, in the
article they say this is rare in the community where they were doing the
research and one wondered how well the investigators had defined and
checked whether the study group really was exclusively breast fed.