Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Alison K. hazelbaker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 22:44:40 -0400
I think it important that we use the correct word to describe the procedure
done. A frenulum clipping is a FRENOTOMY or FRENULOTOMY, which is an
incision. a FRENECTOMY is an excision of a frenulum plus possibly some
surrounding or adjacent tissue.

I have found in my research on tongue-tie that part of the reason primary
health care providers are reticent to recommend treatment for a tongue-tied
baby is because they think FRENECTOMY is the only proper way to treat and is
very invasive. They do not understand that FRENOTOMY is often the only
procedure required. In their mind FRENOTOMY means FRENECTOMY.

We add to that confusion when we are confused ourselves.

Alison H. Still Tongue-tied in Columbus, Ohio even though the MALCers want me
to get clipped and show them the video.