Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Moxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 09:52:41 -0300
Hi Kim

Dr. J. Newman still recommends gentian violet if the yeast is not responding
to the antifungals, two provisos only use for three days and use I believe
he suggests .25% - .5% solution, lower than the over the counter solution.
He says yeasts respond better to gentian violet than to the usual antifungal
medications, but it must be used with caution.  Kay Hoover was selling a
page of information on yeast infection what it looks like, treatment and a
bib (very nice photographs) and they discuss gentian violet as an
alternative treatment the solution they recommend is .5% - 1%. Anyone
interested in getting a copy of this page can call Kay at 610-543-5995.
Reference I believe you were referring to is Piatt JP, Bergeson PS: Gentian
violet toxicity. Clinical Pediatrics. 756-57, December, 1992

Susan Moxley IBCLC
[log in to unmask] that it is associated  with cancer.  I do not