Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kathleen G. Auerbach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 18:11:00 CDT
Several questions have been forwarded to the JHL office for reply.
Unfortunately, I am "out of the loop" and thus unable to reply with
accuracy. Therefore, I am throwing these questions out to all the MDs on
LACTNET in the hope that one or more will be able to inform me--and all
others who might have received, or asked, these same questions.  Here goes:

a) One person wrote that she (a non-MD) has been refused membership in ABM.
Is it true that only MDs may join?

b) One person asked if she gives money (as other non-MDs have), is she
still barred from joining? In other words, if a non-MD's $$ are ok to
accept, but the non-MD is not, why should/would the ABM solicit $$ from
non-MDs?

c) Is it possible to subscribe to the ABM Newsletter without being an MD?
Or is this, too, restricted to MDs only?

d) Where, exactly is the current ABM office? More than one person thought
it was in California, but the number appears (now) to be in upper New York
state. What explains this change? Is it temporary, permanent? And to whom
(person's name and snail mail address) should inquiries/letters to editor,
and similar mail be sent?

I look forward to a reply privately or for all of LACTNET to learn from.
Many thanks to any who might know the answers to the above questions.

Def. of LC service: "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."
Kathleen G. Auerbach,PhD, IBCLC (Homewood, IL)- [log in to unmask]