Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kathleen G. Auerbach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 21:17:00 CDT
Several people have phoned this week to report their letters of
congratulations have arrived, and several others on LACTNET have shared the
good news.

So, let me also be among the many who welcome all those newly -minted
IBCLCs to the world of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants.

And, should you ever question why you spent that money and lots of time to
study and pass t he exam, remember what I treasure every day--especially
those days when nothing seems to go well:

a new father in my office spotted my certificate on the wall (just below a
counted-corss stitch sign that reads "this is a positive thinking area" and
he asked what IBCLC meant.  I told him.  He turned to his wife, who had
been weeping in frustration that their baby could not/would not latch and
he said to her, "I think we came to the right place, honey."  Two minutes
later, their baby offered the best affirmation.  He latched on with minimal
assistance and began suckling really strongly.  Both smiled and we all
laughed together to watch how that gorgeous baby gradually relaxed and
after about 15 minutes of nursing, slipped off the breast with a blissful,
milk-in-the-corner of a smile, mouth.

Congratulations to you all!

Def. of LC service: "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."
Kathleen G. Auerbach,PhD, IBCLC (Homewood, IL)- [log in to unmask]