From:
Bruce Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 22:50:25 EDT
Hello,
I am new to Lactnet, I have been reading for a while and now finally have
something to respond to.  I am a LLLL in Oxnard, CA, and a Bradley teacher so I
read a lot of different parenting magazines (Mothering and Doula are my personal
favorites).  Since I usually read Parents as my one mainstream magazine the
articles in Child were really positive.  It showed the different response
between asking parents if they have bodily contact with their children at night
50% said for more than half the night, when the same parents were asked about
co-sleeping only 25% said they did (they were uncomfortable with the label, not
the act).  So even though it says that  solo sleepers sleep better and are
"better adjusted" it gave tips of how to share your bed.  The bottle-feeding
article was okay, it didn't trash breastfeeding and didn't  make nipple
confusion seem like a non-issue (like many childbirth education studies have
been trying to prove that early bottle-feeding has no negative impact on
breastfeeding).  So while both articles could have been a lot better, they are
pretty out there for main stream.  The bottle-feeding article even talks about
the danger of not mixing formula properly.

Bye.