From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 23:51:15 EDT
Ok, Jan B., I did some more reading and am willing to concede that the prolactin
of 58 might not be way out of line at 9 days, but it does seem to be on the low
side.  Found several references to a normal baseline of about 90 at 10 days.
Perhaps it means nothing.  The possible significance of a first baby at age 38
did occur to me, but I hate to just chalk it up to that without some
investigation--"ah, old boobs, not much milk, makes sense."  Trouble is, I never
know quite how to investigate if we've got adequate stimulation and I've ruled
out the obvious known causes of inadequate milk supply.  What would you do if
this was your client?

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC, Wisconsin