Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 1995 21:48:00 EST
Re breast biopsy

I have just seen the deaf mother who needs a breast biopsy, who I wrote
about last week.  What an inspiration!  She appears to have had no contact
with breastfeeding support groups, just a copy of the Womanly Art of BF.
She is doing everything right and is very well informed.  Co-sleeping,
tandem feeding, determined not to wean the youngest  "prematurely"  at 7 months!

She is exploring her options with a second opinion about whether she needs
to dry up one side and whether she can have a needle biopsy.  Her mother
died from cancer which originated in the breast, so she wants to err on the
side of caution.

She plans to feed the 7mo from at least one breast, but wants to wean the 2
1/2yo, taking it slowly.  She was very relieved to have choices and the
material I took her, including a very helpful message emailed from Cindy
Lundberg (thanks).  The latest NMAA Newsletter has a whole segment of
mothers' letters on one-sided feeding.

I'll keep you informed.

Ros Escott    ( Tasmania, Australia)