From:
Diane Karnbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 22:14:40 -0400
Ted,
Your question concerning infant feeding and the disorders you listed got my
attention.  I have nothing scientific to offer you, just a personal
observation and a really strong gut feeling.  I have three children; the
first was formula fed with soy due to nipple confusion, lactose intolerence
and a lot of people who didn' know how to help.  My other two were breastfed.
 The first took no solids until 11 months and nursed for 24 months.  The
second took no solids until 10 months and is still nursing an 2 3/4 years
old.  My first formula fed child has dyslexia and is "borderline ADD".  The
other two are showing none of the signs of dyslexia or ADD.  Coincidence?  I
have always felt that not breastfeeding had something to do with it. I would
be interested in the studies as well.
Diane Karnbach, LLL Leader
Va Beach, VA