Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"katherine a. dettwyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:41:17 -0500
>What about storing cow secretions in a food refrigerator?

Ooohhhh, gross.  And what about that dead animal muscle tissue (turkey
breast sandwich), and what about blood sausage?  And of course, don't forget
the bee barf (honey).  I mean really.....

>Question: Why do we all love candy and sweet treats so much?
>Answer: The taste of our mother's breast milk leads many of us to a lifetime
>of loving
>sweets. As children, we learn to associate sweets with good feelings. But
>scientifically, speaking, we feel good because eating sugary treats
>temporarily
>raises our blood sugar, providing a kind of euphoria.

Ah, this explains why all those bottle-fed children and adults don't like
sweets....I'd always wondered......

A more *likely* explanation is that our hunter-gatherer ancestors know that
fruits and vegetables have more nutritional value when they are ripe, which
usually correlates with sweetness.

Kathy Dettwyler,
Anthropologist