From:
MARIE BIANCUZZO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 08:21:53 -0400
Julie, I hesitate to "advertise" on Lactnet, but there is a wonderful
resource for teaching Lactational Amenorrhea. I got a complimentary copy
when I did a presentation for the Institute of Reproductive Health, but I
am fairly certain that these are for sale. I can get some details if
anyone is interested.

I'd like to add that LAM is frequently seen as being equivalent to "the
rhythm method" or to some "Catholic propoganda." It is neither. It is
based on principles of health and physiology, and is very well documented
from a scientific standpoint. I've never lactated, so I don't know if I'd
*like* this or not, but for those of us who object to putting drugs and
things in our bodies, it does provide a no-adverse-effects option.

If anyone is interested, contact me by private e-mail and I'll provide
some further information on this

--
Marie Biancuzzo, RN MS                      Perinatal Nurse Consultant
PO Box 1562                                        Phone: 703-758-0092