From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 17:06:59 -0400
Alicia and others interested,

To receive more excellent info on the REAL truth concerning BFHI, NABA (The
National Alliance for Breastfeeding Advocacy- national leadership
organization for US bf promotional services.  Its mission is to protect,
support, and promote bf through efforts in education, promotion, and policy)
 has pamphlet, slides, etc- 1.  Baby friendly:  The Whole Story ($35.00),  2.
 slides ($60,00),  3.  Minority Report of the Expert Work Group ($15.00),  4.
 NABA Action Packet ($20.00).  For more info. contact Marsha Walker (617)
893-3553 or Barb Heiser at (410) 995-3726.

While I am on line, I will mention that I did a mini survey this summer on
nursing bras and underwires.  The results were interesting.  Some said (LC's,
RN's) that they still encourage lactating moms to put bras on in the
hospital, but most said they tell moms to do what is most comfortable.  Put
on a bra if it feels good, don't if it doesn't regardless of breast size.
 That also was the same for underwires, with the caution:  if you get plugged
ducts or mastitis, remove the underwires. I  read in a magazine that
underwires decrease lymph flow, therefore increasing chances of cancer.  That
is ONLY magazine reading, not documentation.  I am glad I am opposite of my
associate ( sorry Jan) and never have to wear a bra.

Have a good one all! PB