From:
"Julie S. Brill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 14:54:39 -0400
I recently listened to a tape from this past ILCA conference on the
Lactational Amenorhea Method. It is approved by WHO, is considered to be
98% effective, and says that a woman is protected from pregnancy if her baby
is less than 6 months old, is exclusively bf, and she hasnot yet had a vaginal
bleed.

Is anyone out there in lactnet land teaching this method? I can see how it
would be a great way to encourage my moms to bf, and to bf longer. Does
anyone know from attending the lecture or from other study where I can obtain
written information on LAM? I have always been asked whether or not bfing is
a good form of birthcontrol--so I know the interest is out there.

TIA,
Julie in Bedford, MA