From:
Glenda Deahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 09:37:35 CST
Perhaps your company could offer a couple of books, one on pregnancy
and one on breastfeeding.  How about _Mothering the Mother_ by Klaus,
Klaus and Kennell (about doulas and mothers reclaiming the pregnancy
and birth process), and _Breastfeeding Pure and Simple_ by LLL.  I
know this isn't the best breastfeeding lay text out there, but it's
brevity and simple presentation may be a plus for many busy expectant
moms.

With regard to the _expecting_ books, I think that the simplicity of
presentation, that is "one month at a time," is one of the factors
that make these books so popular.  Too bad :<, I agree that there is
much misinformation presented through these books.