From:
"A. Montgomery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 17:01:07 -0700
There are lots of us out here who attend births (only a few in some
states, up to about 70% of us in other areas)  and even more who care
for children.  The national specialty society is the American Academy of
Family Physicians, 1-800-274-2237.  They should be able to refer you to
your state or local Academy.  We also have a certifying board, the
American Board of Family Practice, located in Lexington, KY, (sorry, I
don't have the phone number handy).

I appreciate the words of support.  Not all FP's are completely
knowlegeable but almost all of the residency-trained fp's (we've only had
residencies since 1969) and most of the non-residency trained docs I know
are indeed bf supporters and willing to learn about ways to help moms
breastfeed.

--
Anne Montgomery, M.D.
St.Peter Hospital Family Practice Residency