From:
Deena Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 12:32:45 -0400
I just wanted to ditto the words of Anne Montgomery. MOst doctors do not give
their misinformation from greed rather from lack of education themselves. I
am having an eye opening experience however with one of our formula reps not
even related to breastfeeding. A decision was made to remove one formula from
the formulary so we could replace it with the one provided by WIC. I feel
that if a women will, despite all information given to the contrary - and boy
do we try- decide to bottle feed, than at least stay one the same formula!
This rep has been to my chairman, the hospital etcetera a. the while crying
about the efeect on hsi bottom line.
--
*  Deena Zimmerman MD MPH                          *
*  Department of Pediatrics                        *