From:
Diane Karnbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 18:55:09 -0400
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share some observations with people that share my feelings
about breastfeeding. (Zealots that we are!)
I took one of my daughters to the local Mall yesteday for some back-to-school
shopping.  When we had finished we went upstairs to the Food Court to get
some frozen yogrut.  As we sat there I was suddenly struck by the number of
babies with bottles in there mouths.  Oh sure, they may all have been
expressed breast milk but I have my reservations about that!  I counted 8
babies that looked under 1 year and all were being bottle fed!  Some were in
mom's arms, some in dad's arms, and some in strollers with bottles propped
up.  Then there was the baby who looked to be about 2 months old with a big
bottle of apple juice propped in it's little mouth.  Yuck!  I was angered and
saddened at the same time.  I wanted to jump on a table and scream out a
litany of the benefits of breastfeeding and I was sad for those poor people
and babies that were ignorant of the importance of breastfeeding.
I guess that's just more reason to keep on getting the word out.  Just wanted
to share this.
Diane Karnbach, LLL Leader