From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:31:37 -0400
Melissa,

You mention LLL winning "battles" one mom at a time, and "maybe they won't
change the world norm to bf doing this, but...."

Lets all stop for a minute and think about where bf was in 1956 and where bf
is today (despite ups & downs).  Let's think about some of the other
political bra burning feminist movements that have come (and gone) in that
same era, and lets consider how much world changing for bf has been done
because LLL chose to "battle" one mom at a time.  Sometimes, when I get
really discouraged about the state of the world and events r/t bf, I do look
back to where I was in 1985 and where I am today; where LCs were in 1985 and
where they are today (about 5500 IBCLCs in the world), and that LLL started
with 7 moms - and look where they are today!

Battles can be won -- one mom at a time.  Thank you, LLL.

Jan B.