From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 12:55:58 -0400
Dear Edy,

I am sorry that you  feel that Lactnet is "no info info".  I personally have
found the discussions to be very enlightening most times......and there is
much sharing that goes on betwen the various professionals that "live" hre
on Lactnet and choose to be a part of it. There are almost 500 participants.
Some things have happened before you joined...such as a wonderful Lactnet
photo being taken at the ILCA conf of all the online participants in Lactnet
tshirts (made by me so that people could identify each other). I apologize
if you found this annoying...but you weren't on when this all started. That
is life in cyberspace.

I agree..sometimes people new to the internet make inappropriate
comments...quote inappropriately, or let personal notes slip out into the
general Lactnet notes.  However ,...gentle corrections usually put people
right. We all have to start somewhere. 4 years ago..I didn't know how to
turn on a computer, and today I am proud to say that I run this list  of "no
info info" as you put it.

WIC clients are special in that they are often young..and it must be a
tremendous challenge to assist these moms to bf. When you are successful,
you must be truly proud. I commend everyone who works with such a
challenging population.

However, if you find that Lactnet is no help to you, I am sorry that you
feel that way.  That is your opinion...and you are free to unsubscribe. I
believe that the comments made by me about a lot of people on nomail were in
reference to the number of people who set themselves nomail due to
*vacations* or the *ilca* conference, ie normal summer nomail stuff..  I
believe that if people thought we were opinionated...boring, redundant,
biased,  etc...( as you might?)..they just leave the list..unsubscribe,
period. Why go nomail if a list is not interesting?

There are many of us here who are very committed to helping moms
breastfeed...and we work hard at it, often for nothing.  If you feel like
staying with us, we would love to have you. If not, we will understand...

Sincerely, Kathleen Bruce BSN, IBCLC
co owner  of this boring, redundant, opinionated, and God awful list.  : )