Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
CATHY LILES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 00:06:21 EST
I had the pleasure of presenting a part of a one day breastfeeding
basics for health care professionals course last Friday and it was
wonderful. One thing that happened was a discussion early in the day
about the use of breast milk vs something else.  They all laughed
when I asked if any had poured udder milk on their cereal that
morning and how all milk comes from breasts and that the distinction
was from which animal source, they decided that it should be human
milk and corrected me every time I said breast milk which is in my
lecture every other word, I caught on quick and by the end of the day
was using human milk exclusively and it felt WONDERFUL.  No other
suggestions- mothers milk, baby milk, natural milk etc. received any
votes.  Try it you might be surprised.  Maybe Lactnet will change
trends.....

These students had lots of questions and I'd love to hear some

What do you tell a woman who says she doesn't want to breastfeed
because it makes her have sexual feelings?

Is it all right for a breastfed 4 month old to sleep through the
night?

How do you counsel a mother who wants to continue smoking since the
AAP drug lists includes it as a contraindicated drug of abuse?

How long should a mother with active TB (discovered at delivery) wait
to breastfeed?

Does a nursing 3 year old still get immunites from human milk?

How long should you nurse?

Is there any age for a woman to be that she shouldn't nurse? (young
or old)

If a baby wakes up while you are having sex and wants to nurse, will
your arousal affect the baby in any way?

If a mother wants to wean while she is pregnant, what should you tell
her?

Is there any way to stop a letdown?

If your "ducks" are plugged what should you do?

When is the best time to introduce a bottle if a mother is going back
to work?

Anyway... we had over 100 written questions and ran out of time to
answer them.  It was great.  Cathy