Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
MS CATHY LILES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 00:54:43 EDT
Kelly- I enjoyed my early summer trip to Longview to train peer
counselors.  That is the first time I have been involved with a
cooperative program involving WIC and a hospital- pat yourself on the
back!  The training was actually co-sponsored by the hospital.  We
trained in a very comfortable waiting room .  In fact the director of
nursing at the hospital was raving about the peer counselors and I
commented that I'd bet she wondered what she did before she had them
and she replied that if she was honest she would tell me that they
didn't meet the needs of breastfeeding mothers very well before they
had the counselors!

Anyway, we are working to make College Station more breastfeeding
friendly, On campus, many students use study carrels in the library,
private rooms in the Memorial Student Center, empty offices and
classrooms and benches under the trees. Dr. Dettwyler will loan her
office to a mom in need as a last resort, as will many other
breastfeeding friendly faculty and staff.  Check the Math, Biology,
Wildlife, Anthropology, Geology,& Computer Science Departments and
Accounting support services for helpful people. No one should have to
pump in a truck if they are resourceful.  Off campus, Park Cleaners
and Loupot's Bookstores are locally owned by breastfeeding fathers
and will be happy to find a place for a mom to pump.  Cathy