From:
Giosi Di Meglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 20:40:18 -0400
Hi Diane!
        In regard to cow's milk and ear infections, I have not read anything
to support the theory.  On the other hand, it is a shame that this mom did
not choose to breastfeed.  There is good evidence that breastfeeding reduces
the rate of ear infections.  I agree with your idea not to give the baby a
bottle lying down.  As a matter of fact, she would probably be wise to stop
the bottle altogether and start giving this baby his or her milk in a cup.
I am reluctant to introduce soy in infants if they are already getting cow's
milk unless it is pretty clear they are allergic, since soy is also
allergenic.                     Giosi Di Meglio