From:
Anne Eglash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 09:22:46 -0500
The issue of muscle relaxants is a ridiculous one in this situation...they
just relax the mind, not the body. This is a total disservice to the pt,
and an expression of lack of respect for this breastfeeding woman.
Certainly valium in a low dose works just as well, Ibuprofen, physical
therapy. I'd recommend that she reapproach her doctor and tell him(her)
that she demands a drug that is compatible with breastfeeding. I actually
don't have my references with me now about flexeril, but it seems to me
that valium would be more appropriate, or even tylenol with codeine. (these
issues obviously make me furious!!!!)-Anne Eglash MD