From:
NAME JVV <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 21:10:41 +0000
Hi! This is my 1st message to go out on the super highway (I think it is too
fast for me yet) so if I goof, please forgive me.  I am the breastfeeding
coordinator at a local WIC agency.  My duties include promotion, prenatal and
postpartum education,  recruiting,
training, and supervising volunteer peer counselors.  I have never had so much
fun and been paid for it!  My background is a BS in health science, volunteer
breastfeeding counseling at the local hospital, and personal breastfeeding
experience - twin girls age 4 1/2 who were nursed til 21 months.  I made every
mistake in the book, and want to help others avoid those hurdles to get to the
enjoyable part of nursing.  I am soaking up new information everyday.

map dot:  I am from Cortland, NY, USA.  half way between Syracuse and
Binghamton in central New York.

$ savings:  $ savings was discussed a while ago (sorry for the lurking, but my
husband finally showed me how to send mail and I got up the nerve) and I have
dug up a short flyer from Florida Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies based on a
series developed by BEST START-Kentucky called HEALTHY INFANTS REDUCE HEALTH
CARE COSTS FOR EMPLOYERS.  It emphasizes the savings for employers when a baby
is breastfed.  Companies should like the bottom line numbers. "The los Angeles
Department of Water and Power estimated that it cost $360 each day a $15 per
hour employees is off work caring for a sick child".  Hope this is helpful.