From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 21:58:02 +0500
Norma Ritter asked about breastfeeding posters that show mothers nursing in
everyday situations.  Today (Saturday) I went to give a talk about
breastfeeding in a big shopping mall - actually, a store there that
specializes in maternity and baby clothes.  (They also invited speakers on
healthy pregnancy and on infant resuscitation.) I took along the poster I
got at the LLLI conference in July and put it right in the store window,
which faced the mall's Food Court.  It got a lot of favorable comments and
attention.  The poster is part of a campaign by "Health Canada."  This
poster is one from 1994, and there is to be, I think, a new one each year.
It says in big letters, "Who said a day at the mall was impossible?
Breastfeeding.  Anytime.  Anywhere.  Breastfeeding is a normal part of
life.  It's the natural thing to do."  There is a photo of a young couple,
eating at a restaurant table and talking and laughing with an older couple
(the grandparents?) as Mom nurses the baby.  On the bottom of this poster
it says copies can be ordered from (613)957-7193.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, WI