From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 10:09:40 -0400
Baby #1 - the one with the persistent breast pain, swelling, etc.  BAby is
being treated orally and in the diaper area consistently.  Mother is also
treating vaginally as that has flared too.  I have sent her out to get the
Yeast Connection by William Crook and have discussed foods repeatedly with
her.  She is worn out with it all but I'm convinced we are on the right
track.  Her doctor who intially perscribed has backed away and doesn't seem
to know much about yeast so she called another doctor while I was away over
the long weekend.  He said that LC's know more about breasts and
breastfeeding problems and that whatever we said he would work with us.  I
tried to reach him but no luck so far.

Baby#2 - Baby is about 1 week old now, 4 days when I started with her.  I
started her treated her nipples for yeast on Monday.  By wednesday there was
marked improvement but a little bleeding still.  But much much better.  So
she is on the right track too.  She is using an electric pump that is one
step below the hospital grade, same company.  Our pump station is out of the
big ones right now so this was the next alternative.

Now why, oh why, so much yeast lately.  I've seen two women in the past two
month who have had yeast w/ only pumping, not even a baby to breast???  No
obvious history to predispose them or anything.

Curiousity.

Well,  I'm signing off for a week or so as I will be in Chicago.  I look
forward to seeing some of you there.

Denise Parker