From:
Elisa Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 15:59:16 -0400
I must tell you of our discussion last night while teaching Lamaze class.   A
question came up regarding the use of sunscreen for a newborn's skin .  I
answered that newborns have very sensitive skin  and the chemicals in the
sunscreen may cause  a reaction so it is not advised for at least 6 mos Then
the question came up regarding washing clothes prior to tha arrival of their
babies, and I suggested that it was a good idea to wash in a mild soap again,
to protect the babies from any skin reactions...then the question of what
type of formula I would recommend.  I referred back to the chemicals in the
suncreen, the washing of the clothes, and then said,  Would you prefer  your
 babies to *consume* anything  artifical with the possibility of reactions?
Wow, the class seemed to see where I was coming from. All of a sudden the
discussion turned to the benefits of b.f.  This was the 6th class, they're
all due soon and now more informed than ever!
Okay, okay, story over!
Elisa
baking and recently shaking in Westlake Village, California