From:
"Lisa A. Marasco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 09:12:28 -0700
I had a midwife on another listserve group challenge my reticence
concerning the mini-pill and breastfeeding; she said that she has been
prescribing it for years for her breastfeeding moms without a problem.
I explained to her that I don't hear from the moms for whom it is going
well; I hear from moms who are having problems, and this has been singled
out as the only changing factor in several moms whom I have counseled.
Furthermore, I think that it is noteworthy that many times mothers won't
really know what happened to them and may not have contacted the midwife
when their milk supplies began to decrease, especially if she told them
that it wouldn't affect them at all. Concerns are going to be filtered
through the information given....
-Lisa

Lisa A. Marasco, IBCLC                                /  [log in to unmask]
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant    /  [log in to unmask]