From:
Roberta Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 02:31:24 -0600
Ruth:

About 10 yrs. ago, an American gal living here in Merida,already the mother
of 2 & 5 yr. old sons, gave birth to triplets....two boys and a girl. Or
was it 2 girls and a boy. No matter. Her # or offspring jumped from 2 to 5
literally overnight. One baby was born vaginally, as the car pulled up to
the hospital emergency entrance....the others were C-section. Not fun,
healing from both types of births at the same time.

She did nurse *partially* all three, but used supplements from the very
beginning. If they had been twins I am convinced she would have done well
without supplements....but with three the pressure was tremendous.
As a member of our International Women's Club in Merida (you can join if
you are a woman and speak English. We are about 140 gals from all over the
world) she received enormous support from many members:

- For the 1st mo. the main meal of the day was delivered to her home
- There was  a scheduled group of women who would go to her house just to hold
  the children for a while every day morning and afternoon.
    (Loving arms were desperately needed for these 3 little babes)
- Mothers who had children of similar ages as the two older boys arranged for
  lots of attention to be given to the big brothers...quality and fun time.

I believe she nursed + bottlefed for about 4 mo. Not bad for triplets.

The is all anecdotal, but there aren't many triplets around, are there.

Roberta