From:
Narelle Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 18:16:23 +1000
HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!

They should have had child care as part of the actual conference.
Now whenever I attend conferences I make a point about asking about
the child care (the last conf I went to was at a resort and took
my husband and kids along because of child care & bf needs - and
didn't he bitch about being stuck there with the kids...). All
the NMAA seminars and Baby Food Action seminars I go to have
child care, free! I make a point of offering child care for
conferences where I work, so that it is factored in to the
conference advertising.

I am utterly stunned by their approach. Again, perhaps we shouldn't
be asking, but assuming it is there and get thrown out publicly?

>From:    Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hi all!
>Had to tell you of an experience I just went through.  You won't believe it.
>I attended a conference about issues, assessments and techniques of
>breastfeeding this past Saturday.  It turned out to be full of wonderful info
>(though some of it was WAY above my head!) and I learned a lot.  I also
>learned that BF discrimination is still rampant even within the BF education
>community!
<snip>
>It's bad enough to get harrassed out in public about nurturing our children
>by BF, but to get it at a BF conference sponsored by a hosp. is ludicrous!
>Any comments?
>Janet
>(Sick and tired of double standards and discrimination!)

ME TOO!

* Narelle Clark                                [log in to unmask] *
* Data Network Administrator                     ph: +612 330 2030 *
* University of Technology, Sydney              fax: +612 330 1994 *
* PO Box 123 Broadway 2007                                         *
* NSW AUSTRALIA                                                    *
*          Whoever said this was an Information Superhighway       *
*      hasn't followed a Kangaroo Trail! It looks the same to me!  *