From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:07:46 -0400
Hi Marie,

New Jersey, and Maryland is considering it.

Speaking of laws, I got a call yesterday from an LC looking for a pro bf
attorney for some help.  In their WIC clinic is a 16 year old mom who is bf
her 3 week old.  The father (17) went to court to get visitation of the baby
(every other weekend for 48 hours) and it was granted by the judge who simply
said he couldn't deny father's rights!  ARRGH!  And whom, may I ask, is
looking out for the best interest of this baby?  The mom is trying to - but a
3 week old being separated from her mother?  And I'm just sure this 17 year
old is going to adore staying home with his new baby and not go out and party
with his friends.  Well, maybe he will, but somehow, I wonder.  Bless the
beasts and the children indeed...... Reminds me of the now infamous baby
Richard case here in Illinois.  Will NO ONE listen to children?

Jan