From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 21:52:50 EDT
I remembered something about this from the ILCA conf. in 92 so dug for it--it
was from one of Ann-Marie Widstrom's talks.  My cryptic notes say that it's from
gastrointestinal hormone release, which optimizes mom's digestion, which
increases the ability to meet the higher energy demand during lactation.  Her
suggestion was that the mom should eat before nursing.

On the other hand, Lawrence has a paragraph on p. 253 that attributes the nausea
to oxytocin release during MER.  She also suggests eating, and says that dry
crackers work well.

Whatever hormone is responsible, I suspect a little bitty mother of twins is
producing lots!  Has she tried anything like crackers?

Becky Krumwiede