From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 01:02:00 GMT
KR<>From: Kelley Rosenlund 904-392-5551 <[log in to unmask]>
  <>Date:         Mon, 8 May 1995 17:31:48 EST
  <>Subject:      Liability Insurance

Hello Kelley,

KR<>For you professional floks in bee land,
  <>1. Do you have liability insurance?

Definitely YES. Not to have liability insurance today is the
same risk you would take in a cat house with out a safety. You
may get buy for a while but soon or latter your dead.

KR<>2. What is your coverage amount?

Enough to satisfy state law and protect my estate, would
depend on your net worth. $1,000,000 umbrella is a start.
Some home policy's can be extended for a small amount to
include a limited liability farm insurance to cover bee's
for a small amount. ($75.-$150.)

KR<>3. What insurance company do you have?

I use Farmer's, but not all company's will write Liability Insurance
for beekeepers, check with the American Beekeeping Federation they
did have an good insurance underwriter out of Denver who did a good
job for beekeeper's. It is normally best to buy your insurance locally
if you can.

KR<>4. Have you ever been sued?

That's what the insurance is for.. once or twice, settled out of
court to everyone's satisfaction.

#6  If your are someone who want's to sell me insurance and are
    using this echo to do it..."May your camel's teeth rot out and
    your mother-in-law move in with you for ever!"

                      ttul Andy-