From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 07:30:38 -0400
Leslie, may I second your idea. ? I also gained most of my experience as a
LLL Leader, and when it came time to study for the exam, there were4 of us
who got together on a regular basis, and in an organized fashion, went from
topic to topic, right on down the list. Of course we all shared case studies
which were pertinent, and this added a lot to our discussions.  We all read
BF and Human Lactation cover to cover, and did the study guide, which we
felt was helpful, and thought provoking.

Sometimes, we also took turns reviewing certain things, like JHL articles,
or LC series booklets.
I believe that this sort of thing worked much better for us than any one
"course", but different things work for diff people. We didn't have the
money for such things. We all scored high,  with one member scoring an 89. I
also agreed that NOT studying the night before the exam, even the MONTH
before the exam, may be a good idea.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA