From:
Gerry Rising <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 11:25:50 -0500
Dear Fellow Far Side Enthusiasts,

   I have finally completed what turned out to be a time stealing, but most
interesting project: collecting and editing your submissions as favorite
Gary Larson FAR SIDE cartoons. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed at your
response from around the world. Hundreds of you wrote and, since I had
not seen many of Larson's cartoons, you (and of course he) entertained me
no end. (My friends don't understand why I suddenly start giggling with
no evident cause.) In any case, thank you all for your wonderful responses.

   Now my problem is how to get over 2000 lines of text to each of you. I
have already had some complaints about spamming and I want to handle this
responsibly. To do this I have set up a personal WWW site where you can
access ten Farsidexx (xx = 01, 02,...,10) files, each of which contains
about 200 lines of your messages edited down for brevity, as well as the
text of my column. You can access these files through:

           http://ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu/~insrisg/index.html

(Note that I am no expert at this. It took my several tries with much
assistance to set up this site, but now I believe that it is working okay.)

   This should work for many of you, but I do not want those of you who do
not know how to or cannot access WWW to be left out. If you wish me to mail
you these files, send me an e-mail request. Please send it directly to
me, not to your whole mailing list. Either address below should do it. I
worry that the whole group of files may well overload some of your accounts.
If that is a concern for you as well, tell me and I will try to work
something out: perhaps send two files a day over a period of time. (Here I
go again!)

   I will send hard copies of these files to Gary Larson.

   Thanks again for your tremendous response. I am proud to have been,
even so briefly, associated with each of you -- and, of course, with this
remarkably creative artist.

   Best regards, Gerry

Gerry Rising                                  phone: 716-689-8301
295 Robinhill Drive                        messages: 716-645-3175
Williamsville, NY 14221-1639                    fax: 716-645-3161
---- e-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]