From:
Gerry Rising <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 07:40:10 -0500
A friend here in Buffalo who keeps a few hives lost all of his bees last
winter to what he believes were ear mites. He did not use the hives this
year and now he has a different problem. They are covered -- inside -- with
a white mold.

Can anyone give me some guidance about how to rid this hive (a) of the mold
and (b) of any possible remaining mites. (I assume that the latter left with
the bees, but there may be some related problem that requires a particular
kind of cleaning.)

Guy is a beginning beekeeper (and I am even less knowledgeable) so any help
you can give us will be very much appreciated.

I guess I have missed asking one more thing. How can he prevent or at least
lessen the chance of reinfection of his hive?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Gerry Rising                    [log in to unmask]
295 Robinhill Drive     [log in to unmask]
Williamsville, NY 14221-1639            716-689-8301