From:
Lydia de Raad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:21:34 +0200
Hello everyone,

I was looking for discussion on this new protocol and I didn’t find any…….I
must say, I have read it a few times now and it sééms logical. I have also
watched the webinar from Katrina Mitchel, one of the researchers, in which
she makes it sound even more logical.

I am interested in your ideas!

The protocol can be found here:

 <https://www.bfmed.org/assets/ABM%20Protocol%20%2336.pdf>
BFM-2022-29207-kbm-ver9-Mitchell_2P 360..376 (bfmed.org)

And this is the webinar:

<https://www.oregonwashingtonlactation.org/past-events/new-academy-of-breast
feeding-medicine-mastitis-spectrum-protocol-2022-with-dr-katrina-b-mitchell?
fbclid=IwAR2GGuRUzUTHQn18Om90aQD5iT2GpCFdH5W6cec9DGQC831YPRogHPlkBQI> New
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine Mastitis Spectrum Protocol 2022 with Dr.
Katrina B. Mitchell — Oregon Washington Lactation Association

Lydia de Raad

Volunteer babyfeedingcounsellor, Netherlands (Europe)

All opinions expressed in this email are my own

Hi everyone!

I just received the new ABM mastitis/engorgement protocol... after a quick

read I am very much (negatively) surprised about the lack of evidence to

support several of its hypothesis and also just as surprised by several of

its recommendations -  as well as there being someone from Biosearch (sold

to Nestle) and Nutricia among the authors.

WIll go back and read slowly and deeply, just wanted to see if I´m the only

shocked one.

Warmly,

Kika

--