From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2020 19:13:35 +0000
If Daddy Could Breastfeed...

Lucy Graney, LLLGB Breastfeeding Matters

It's late in the evening, or is it first thing at dawn?I'm knackered, my nips hurt and I'm fighting the yawns.As I look at your beautiful, perfect round  face,
yes, my heart is filled with love,
but I cannot help but complain.I whisper to you, my voice quiet as a mouse"just looking at him there with no reason to rouse."All tucked up and peaceful with his useless man nips,
I mean what is the point? It's like a genetic blip.
You laugh and you smile "mummy, can you imagine if,for milk to Daddy's nips I could go for a while?!"
I say "oh, my darling, the things that would be,
the things you would see may only highlight our inequality."

If men were to breastfeed can you imagine the fuss?Would it be the raw deal that is handed to us?Would there be gadgets and gizmos to help with the pain?Would tongue tie be checked before it's too late?Would every restaurant, cafe & bar be a boob feeder's friend?Could you breastfeed anywhere without worrying who you'll offend?Would every workplace have a space you could sit?
To pump in comfort and not shoved in a closet?Would bras be available on the NHS?With comfort and practicality above all the rest?

As we sat in th dark I held onto my smile.
Amazed at my bod y and the power it holds
feeding a human is a strength, pretty bold.But for now we must fight for the future of girls, to make options and education the most important things in this world.To allow breastfeeding mothers to have it there way,
to   listen to voices when they're starting to say...
I'm trying my best, but I need some support,I'm finding it tough, my journey -please don't cut it short.Can you provide me with the help that I need,
provide me with a safe space to feed?Think of   me when you design your shops, think of me -  I love cafes - a lot!
Offer me choices and explain the what ifs.Tell   me who to contact when I'm having a blip.
Your pamphlets and leaflets aren't cutting the mustard.
And neither is your shaming, making me feel I'm not good enough.

So my dear child, it's not daddy who is the issue.
With his useless  nips and lack of breast tissue.
Society must change to make breastfeeding the normand offer new mums information when baby is born.Information to choose what they feel is best,
information and guidance on bottle and breast,

(My comments, no offense to trans people and males that have breastfed.
Please note that information when baby is born is a tad late,
research is showing prenatal ed is better.  And at birth is better than nothing at all,
Pat Young, APN, IBCLC, LLLL)