Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:52:13 +1000
Subject:
From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Lydia,
I was interested in what you said about not being aware of any pitfalls or unintended consequences of desexing the language of female reproduction and maternity. We detailed many of these in our paper here https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fgwh.2022.818856/full <https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fgwh.2022.818856/full> and in particular in Supplementary File 1. I wondered if you hadn’t seen these or whether you didn’t think that they were a problem. I’d be very interested in hearing more about your views on this.

I am not aware of any culture or language that does not use sexed language. All have words to designate male and female and mothers and fathers. However, I am open to the prospect that I could be mistaken. Similarly, while I agree with you on the other harms of colonialism you describe, I am not aware of any culture where it was not understood that there are two sexes.

Kind Regards
Karleen