From:
Margaret Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 08:42:30 -0500
Hi Anne --

While it will be useful for this new family to also  have local
resources,  remote consults are available with Allysa Schnell

https://www.alyssaschnellibclc.com/

who literally wrote the book on the topic, in "Breastfeeding Without
Birthing" -- a book you could recommend to your client. The book
overviews the different goals that parents might have, and different
pathways they might take,and is practically and warmly supportive of the
view that, along with whatever milk is produced, the whole cozy act of
feeding is something valuable to give to your baby.  (In our
pump-focused era, that's not a bad thing for birthing parents to hear
about as well!)

The book "Making More Milk," by Marasco and West (new edition in 2020)
has a small section specifically on inducing lactation, but is a
wonderful overview of the physical and emotional process of making and
giving milk.

Best wishes to her on the adventure.

Margaret Wills, IBCLC, Maryland, USA