From:
Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2022 18:16:28 -0400
Hi folks. Sending this message to try to get some opinions from the wise voices here. My granddaughter just turn a year. Exclusively breastfed. Started solids at 6mo- pretty minimal. Has had ongoing restless and pitiful crying nights. She sleeps about 60-90 min around 8pm and is up continually the rest of the night every 10 min. Mom went dairy free when this all started even before solids were introduced. The screaming is unbearable and they’ve almost gone to the ER several times. It seems to be that she is in pain, arches, throws her head back. They have used homeopathic remedies like colic comfort or camamilia. It helps a bit for awhile. We can hear her stomach gurgle, she does fart and sometimes poops. We have eliminated garlic, beans, humus, dairy, and now gluten.Instead of getting better it almost served worse. She is fine all say though although still only naps for about an hour, sometimes 2 but without the painful cries like at night. My daughter is up literally all night holding and rocking her and now has just started back to work but she is an air traffic controller and needs to be alert. She’s at her wits end. I don’t know how to help. She asked me if I think it’s her milk. I’m just not sure. I did tell her that any GI doctor would probably have her wean. Her response was if it’s stops her pain it will have to be ok with me. I live with them and have cried in my room not wanting to interfere but listening to the screams. It’s really horrible- we all dread the night.

Sent from my iPhone

Ilene Fabisch IBCLC/RLC
A Gentle Beginning Lactation Assistance