From:
Eithne Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2021 06:26:28 -0400
Debra,

Re your question about daily visits in UK. My boys were born in UK in Leighton Buzzard, 30 miles north of London. Jan 97 and Nov 28 - nearly a two year gap, in case you're wondering.

At that time the community midwife could come to the house every day until Day 10 (after you came home from hospital). On Day 5 they would say "Would you be happy if I only came every second day until Day 10?" and on each occasion I said Yes.

I was so impressed with the service. They were kind and they were wonderful to talk to. I remember one of them, her eyes popping as I started eating a ginormous breakfast. I could not stop eating!!

However when I started training as a bfc then with the NCT it appeared that this service was scarce in London because it was so expensive to live there.

Since I've been in Ireland for 16 years I have no idea what the service is like now.

Eithne Murray